Firstly, we had to make the account manageable. Not only was the budget spread too thin but managing bids, negative keywords & producing new ads would consume the time of a couple of agencies. We reviewed the top 100 most effective keywords to date and rebuilt the whole account around these.
From here we were able to build new Ad Groups and gradually began switching over in clusters to demonstrate the viability of the new design.
These are the results, over 6 months, account-wide:
- Click-through-rate Increased: From 0.39% to 2%
- Conversion rate Increased: From 0.64% to 6.2%
- Cost per conversion Decreased: From $300 to $60
- We also helped reduce landing page bounce rates from 80% to under 20% but were hampered by a site which wasn’t fully mobile responsive.
- Follow this, the business rebranded itself and we started a new account based on our learnings from here.